Location: Torrelles de Foix, Barcelona, Spain
Mission: Mas els Igols is an artist oasis created for independent artists that want to dedicate their time to producing art in a highly focused creative environment. The residency is situated among the vineyards in the wine area the Penedes some 60 km. from Barcelona city centre.
Our residents live and work in a fully furbished 250 year old wine estate in a recently refurbished (2015) en suite room and share a comfortable kitchen and large outdoor spaces with maximum 6 other artists.
Since the artist family Krediet-Tonies acquired former wine estate Mas els Igols in 2014 artists have been welcomed to live in the high-end, homely and comfortably refurbished winery.
Torrelles de Foix is a wine village of the Penedes, the area known for Spanish bubble wine ‘Cava’. In the hills overlooking els Igols there are waterfalls, and great walking trails. The service town Vilafranca del Penedes is a gem, some 9 km. away from the house. The estate is about 60 km from the city centre of Barcelona.
Cost: €750/month for a single room
€850/month for a double room
Optional weekly tutoring/critiques €150/month
Application Fee: n/a
Number of Artists: Up to 6 artists at a time
Length of Stay: Minimum on month
– 20 m. studio space surrounded by the vineyards of Barcelona (in the Penedes)
– En suite private room
– Shared kitchen (with max. 7 people)
– Access to a large art documentary library
– Weekly transfer to the train station to go to Barcelona
– Screen printing workshop & equipment (for screens up to 150 x 140 cm.)
– Access to a kiln, tools for welding, wood, etc.
– Mini market with produce from our ecologically run veggie garden and local producers
– Exhibition in Barcelona in a resident group show (after a minimum stay of 3 months this is included in the fee)
Demographic/Medium: International: In our organization we have housed artists from over 50 countries over the past 8 years. All formats are accepted depending on availability of space. Special attention to video art, screen printing, land art and writing
Benefits: Out of comfort zone experience, Share ideas and learn from other artists, High productivity of art, Exhibition in Barcelona, Part of large artists network of Mas els Igols & Estudio Nómada Barcelona
Deadline: Ongoing Deadline