Location: Seyðisfjörður, Iceland
Mission: Heima is a multidisciplinary art residency for emerging and established artists located in Seyðisfjörður East Iceland. The physical space is a 350 square meter combined house and studio/exhibition space.
Cost: The residency fee is 250.000 ISK (2050 Euro). The residency fee is to be paid in advance and is non-refundable. Residents must provide for their own food, travel, and miscellaneous expenses.
Application Fee: n/a
Number of Artists: Up to 6 artists at a time.
Length of Stay: 50 Days
Accommodations: Heima will select 6 artists for each residency period. All artist will live together and have access to multiple studio spaces + have their own bedroom.
The living space:
– 4 x two-person bedroom
– 2 x one-person bedroom
– 4 x single beds in a dormitory
– 2 x bathrooms (w. showers)
– Kitchen – Living room
– Dining room
The studio space:
– 1 x toilet and utility room
– 1 x 25 sqm. studio (for rough work)
– 1 x 25 sqm. studio (multifunctional)
– 1 x 80 sqm. studio (also fit as exhibition space)
– 1 x 30 sqm. studio (on an open 1st. floor)
– Internet Connection
– Woodworking Tools
– Woodworking Tools
– Monitor speakers & Mixer
Other facilities w. local partners:
– Music school and Wood workshop (Elementary school)
– Industrial studio (Fishing factory)
– B/W darkroom & silk print (Skaftfell)
– Analogue printshop and Blacksmith (Technical Museum)
– Steel workshop (Staal ehf.)
– Theater and film screening facility (LungA School)
Demographic/Medium: Heima is a multidisciplinary art residency for emerging and established artists in the field of contemporary art.
We encourage applications from a wide range of artists of different cultural and geographic backgrounds. We are open for applications for all phases – from initial research to finishing works
Benefits: Arranged on a case-by-case basis.
Deadline: February 4, 2018
In 2018 Heima will offer two 3 months residency periods, each involving six artist carefully curated. The program offers complete access to Heima’s facilities for ninety days.
The next residency periods, for which applications are open, are:
A. Dates ——> 02.04.2018 – 30.06.2018
B. Dates ——> 01.08.2018 – 29.10.2018